Join Our Team
Chef de Partie
Carrick is a renowned Winery Restaurant based in Bannockburn Central Otago.
We are seeking a full time Chef de Partie to cook a contemporary menu using seasonal & local produce to complement the vineyards delicious wines.
He/she will have at least three years’ experience in the kitchen and be interested in a long term position.
To work in the Carrick Restaurant kitchen in the capacity of Chef de Partie. Duties including: As the Chef de Partie in Carrick’s busy kitchen you are expected to plan, organise and control your pastry and platter section. You are expected to direct the Commis chef and kitchen hand below you to ensure smooth running of the kitchen. Main duties include preparation of food prior to and during service, setting up and maintaining your station. In conjunction with the Head and Sous chef you are expected to help plan and price menu items, order supplies, and maintain kitchen health and safety.
Key tasks include:
• Take control and run the pastry and platter section of the kitchen.
• Prepare, cook and present food to order to Carrick’s high standards.
• Plan with the Head and Sous chef new menu items an help develop recipes taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or the likely number of customers.
• Instruct Commis/Demi Chef and kitchen hand in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food.
• Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that high standards are met.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Order food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Cover the Head Chef/Sous chef’s station during breaks, days off or annual leave.
• Input into functions, preparation and availability to work during evening functions.
• Supervise the clean down and closing of the kitchen at the end of the shift.
• Development of a collegial relationship with all restaurant and other Carrick staff.
• Carrick provides a high quality experience for dining and wine buying public. You are required to be neat and tidy at all times, as you may be required to talk to clients.
Important notes Carrick Winery-
We closed for Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Good Friday.
There is an annual closure of 5 weeks late May & June.
There is no annual leave to be taken between 27th December and 10th January.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please contact email@example.com